Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > DS708 Touch Screen Not Working????
DS708 Touch Screen Not Working????

5578 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2017-10-20 10:40:06

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    2016-08-08 23:19:53
    My DS708 touch screen stopped working. The unit turns on and screen shows the home menu but will not respond to touch or stylus pen. I called tech support and they wanted me to buy a subscription and then replace the unit under warranty. They said they had problems just replacing the screen. 

I purchased a replacement screen from Ebay (from China) and installed myself and IT WORKED for about a week or two, then failed again. The company in China sent me another and my touch screen still doesn't work. 

Anybody had this problem before????

•   Level 3   
    (79) points
    lfdorries

2016-08-17 15:39:44

I had the exact same problem..
    My solution so far..and it is still working..

Reeinstall your backup software, delete any connections to the internet.So it can't look up a current subscription...Mine worked great till a while ago. then the screen would lock up just like yours....Then I fixed it myself with my solution....

Tech support on here is basically pay for a subscription and we will fix it.

So far mine is still working...look up my post a few up...

Personally I think it is connecting to their site. It see the subscription has expired... So we will shut your machine down, till you pay for a new subscription....Pretty low if in fact this is what they are doing ? And illegal...

•   Level 3   
    (79) points
    lfdorries

2016-08-18 18:37:37

Is yours working yet ?

Mine has been working three days flawlessly since I don't allow it to access the Internet ! ! ! ? ? 

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    obiwanuk

2016-11-24 21:15:18 (Reply to:lfdorries)

hi mate i have the same problem but i dont have a back up software now mine is just a paper weight i spoke to autel and all they would say is purchase the software for 695
    i said i dont need the latest software i just need the software i paid for 
    but they just blanked me and closed the conversation on me i think there after care is disgraceful .
    can you guys recommend anything i can do 
    or can you help ? 
    my email kubeinfo@gmail.com

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Garymarbry

2017-10-20 10:40:06 (Reply to:lfdorries)

How do u shut off the internet connection ! My scanner is looking up and there telling me the same thing ! I don't wanna update just want the data/info I've already paid for . A response would be awesome .
  Total1 Pages